Wednesday 21 November 2007

Granola Body Scrub

For some reason, my chatbox isn't working so I'll reply you here.

"Hi Evani! Including titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide in your lipbalm is an option and offers an SPF of 2 - 45 depending oh how much is put in which also depends on the recipe. If you can't find them, some oils have a natural SPF. Sesame seed oil, jojoba oil and shea butter have an SPF of about 4. Just substitute them for the macadamia oil in the lipbalm recipe. Clickhereif you want a set recipe for a lipbalm with SPF."

Okay, well I've got my luggage back. Most of my stuff has been completely ruined as expected when put in the care of baggage handlers. I'm going to file a claim, I doubt I'll get any compensation though. Sigh.

3/4 cup of fine oatmeal
1/2 cup of ground almonds
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of demerara sugar
1/4 cup of apricot kernel oil
2 tbsp of honey
few drops of vanilla extractA dash of cinnamon

This will smell like cookie mix :)

Add the oatmeal, almonds and sugar and combine well. Then add the oil and mix thoroughly. Drizzle the honey over the mixture and stir well to combine. Finally, add a dash of cinnamon and a few drops of vanilla extract.

On a totally unrelated topic, adding milk powders to yourbath bomb recipereduces the fizzing somewhat so if you like strong fizzy action, don't add milk or opt to add hydrolyzed milk protein instead.

I'm making some peppermint jelly roll soaps and bath cupcakes tonight with my sisters. Hopefully everything goes as planned! See you soon!

No comments: