Wednesday 21 May 2008

Cupcake Decorating - Day Two & Conditioner

Well, I officially hate decorating with buttercream icing. I just can't seem to get the hang of it! 


Photobucket


Thought they were mine, huh! Hehe, I wish!! The four cupcakes on the left were decorated by the Chef and the other two by a lovely girl I met at the class named Joanna and they are absolutely beautiful. I have no idea how they got them to hold their shape but they did and they look fantastic!

I didn't manage to take pictures of my buttercream cupcakes because I forgot as I was too busy being frustrated with them which I'm kicking myself for because I actually managed one that was semi-decent.

Anyway, these are the sponge butterfly cupcakes and the royal icing cupcakes. I had a sponge one and it was yummy!


Photobucket


Photobucket


I made a moisturiser/hair conditioner a week ago. It doubles as both but I'm currently using it as my conditioner. It makes my hair so soft and works so much better than any conditioner I've ever bought that I'm truly amazed as it was so simple to make. I've scented it with Coconut Cream from Save on Scents and I definitely added a little too much. 


Photobucket

Sorta looks like jelly here and it's a nice buttery colour but before I actually added the wheatgerm oil it was a beautiful snowy white which I really liked! Next on my list is making shampoo and a more advanced conditioner, I'm hooked!

14 comments:

Suds to Love said...

Beautiful cupcakes! The moisterizer/conditioner looks decadently rich.

Unknown said...

wow im hungry...
and i would love to try some conditioner too :)

can you maybe share the conditioner recipe with me? i am tired of buying mine

Anne-Marie said...

(squealing) I am SO proud of your cupcakes. They look amazing! I wish, wish, wish that there was a cupcake decorating class in Bellingham.

gracefruit said...

Oh, those are just gorgeous! I have a terrible weakness for cupcakes, and I'd scarf those up in seconds. :)

Michelle said...

Those cupcakes are so pretty, and yummy looking too! Cool conditioner. It looks inviting for the hair :)

Anonymous said...

I actually still remember how your hair smells last time haha

Michelle said...

Trisha: Thanks, Trisha!:)

Lyly: I took the recipe from a book that prevents me from publishing the recipe. However you can make your own basic conditioner with conditioning emulsifier and water.

Anne-marie: It's great fun! I know you'll love it.

Gracefruit: Thanks Elizabeth! I wish you lived closer so I could have given some to you :)

Michelle: Hehe thanks Michelle! Good to see you back here!! *hugs*

Kevin: That...is very creepy.

egassner said...

I've been having cupcake cravings today...so I thought I would come look again to curb the crave. It's not working. Lol!

Joanna Schmidt said...

mmmmmm all around...

dcyrill said...

Cupcakes look great. I like the conditioner too. :)

Joanna Schmidt said...

Miss your blogging, Miche! Any new soaps?

gracefruit said...

I've had to come back for another ogle at the cupcakes. Nom nom nom!

Michelle said...

Elizabeth G: I wish I could give you one!

Joanna: Hi, Joanna! I'm sorry I've been missing but I'm back now. Hope you like the new soap!

Diana: Thanks, Diana! :)

Elizabeth: Hehehe!! The chef sure did amazing cupcakes!

Happee Monkee said...

Hi there,
I was looking for a cupcake decorating class in Melbourne on google and yours came up. Looks like you did a good job. Did you do it at William Ang? I'll like to know more about it as I'm thinking about taking a class up.
Could you pls email me back at
mable.tan@gmail.com
Thanks!
Do drop by my blog too on your free time. It's twentysomethingandcooking.blogspot.com
my nic is monkee.

Btw, cool hobbies. I love conditioners so if you're planning to sell them, do let me know too.