Tuesday 29 January 2008

Soap Again?

Photobucket


Here's my first attempt at felted soap. What do you think? I'm undecided at the moment. It was lots of fun making it! I wonder though, what happens to the wool when your soap bar gets smaller and smaller. Does the wool shrink with it until it can't shrink anymore or does the soap disappear and leave the wool covering behind? By the way, the soap underneath is a chocolate soap made with goat's milk. Moving on!

Photobucket


This is my Granola Scrub. You can make your own here. This scrub contains ground oatmeal, ground almonds, brown sugar, raw cane sugar, white sugar, almond oil, cocoa butter, macadamia oil, wheatgerm oil, honey, preservatives and sugar cookie fragrance. I'm happy with how this turned out! It feels like moist cookie dough :)

My next soap will be a Shea and Mango Milk soap. If it turns out to be a success, should I give away a bar of soap to someone for free? You could be my personal reviewer! And no your skin will not melt and fall off! Err...I hope!

I joke, I joke! :) Goodnight.

9 comments:

WilZC said...

xcuse me miss... i think u dropped the soap

Anonymous said...

Love the felted soaps! They are super cute.

Michelle said...

Wilson: Yes :(

Emmy: Thanks! I'm glad someone thinks so! Hehe

Anne-Marie said...

You did great on the felted soap.

The felt sticks around and turns into a ball once the soap is all gone but in my experience, once the soap is getting down to the dregs, the whole thing kind of turns a little sopping and gooey and not something you want to keep around. So, you probably won't end up with the felt ball ... But, if you did, you could probably affix it to cute cards or papercrafts and the like.

Michelle said...

Thanks Anne-marie!

Hmm.. that does sound like something I'd throw away after a while. But thanks to that idea I probably won't now! What a great way to recycle the felt!

Michelle said...

Love the look of your felt soap. I wondered about the felt also, thanks for explaining that AM! I'll have to give this one a try, have you tried it yet Lovemichie? Does it feel nice on the skin with the felt?

Michelle said...

Thanks Michelle! I think it feels great! Scrubby but not abrasive and it helps with the lather of the soap as well. Is this strange? Anyway I recommend giving it a try! If nothing, you'll at least have fun making it for other people :D

I also think it's a good idea to keep it dry. I'm worried the felt will disintegrate or start growing mould.

Anonymous said...

Your soap making instructions are really informative. Thank you! By the way, do you have an online catalog or price list for your product? i would love to have it added to my collection of soap recipes here. thanks.

Michelle said...

Hello! Thank you for for stopping by! Umm, I don't have a catalog or price list because I'm not currently selling anything and making soap and toiletries is just a hobby of mine :) But if you still want to add the recipes on my site to yours, you are of course, very welcome!