Saturday 23 February 2008

Smells GREAT!

Photobucket


This is the soap from this post below. It contains olive oil, rice bran oil and shea butter and was made with rice water. Also I scented it with Rice Flower and Shea(BBW) Type from Save on Scents. I've never smelled the real Rice Flower and Shea from Bath and Body Works but this fragrance oil is amazing! It's mild, not overpowering and has a delicate scent. I can really only describe the scent as pretty :) I'm happy with this except I would've have liked the base to be whiter.

I'm making a carrot and calendula soap today. It's going to be a facial soap for my cousin who has extremely oily skin. I'll be scenting it with lavender eo and tea tree eo. Hope everything turns out as planned! I'll keep you updated :)

Photobucket


I decided to infuse olive oil with a couple of vanilla beans. I cut it in half then sliced it lengthways but not all the way. Then I put it in the bottle and gave it a good shake. Probably shake it once a day for a week. My hands wont stop smelling of vanilla now. Yummm...

Uni starts next week. I'm not looking forward to it. I have to speak to a course advisor about something that I really hope isn't bad news and she's sort of scary too. Can't wait to get that over with.

3 comments:

Joanna Schmidt said...

I think your Riceflower + shea soap is really beautiful!

Michelle said...

That swirl on the top of your soap is PERFECT! Rice water = great addition.

Michelle said...

Joanna: Thank you! I hope I can recreate what I did with this batch in the next one!

Michelle: Thanks Michelle! I read somewhere that rice water softens skin so I thought I'd give it a try!